The dream that became a nightmare...

Some of my first readers may recall when I giddily blogged over my new state of the art, coffee snob, coffee maker - The stainless steel Cuisinart with a thermal carafe (see story here).

I admit, it was ridiculous how excited over this gadget I was - and how I thought it would change coffee as I know it (kidding). But the fantasy quickly became a nightmare - the bloody thing was horrible to clean - and even worse it was very hard to keep it clean. Mr. Cuisinart also proved to be very high maintenance when it needed new water filters and constant deep cleaning rituals performed. And the coffee was never very hot.... I quickly became disillusioned with my gadget but found others that shared my disillusionment and thus felt resolved. Resolved to dump him and get a simpler model....

Therefore the Cuisinart has been buried and a newer far simpler coffee maker has been introduced into my life - wish us luck.

p.s. I also found a far different gadget that knocked my socks off today - I'll tell all about that later, a hint though - the music is in the hat...

2 comments:

    On 4:51 AM Unknown said...

    You know what you need is the Brew Station by Hamilton Beach - there is no carafe, it brews into a pot that it keeps hot and you dispense it by pushing a button and it pours into your cup! I LOVE mine! Next time your coffee maker dies, try it out!

     

    krups girl. thats all i got to say. My brewer and my grinder are both Krups. No complaints. okay. THAts all i got to say.