Quotable brilliance!

"That man is a conversational cul-de-sac" ---- this quote is brilliant and one I will think of and spout often I can assure you! Why - because as soon as I heard it I instantly thought of several people in my life - a few of which are people that I used to be good friends with but alas after much and much tug and pull conversations, it stayed at that somewhat shallow small talk level - which I despise (small talk that is, I rarely despise any non-fictional beings).

Anyway, I recently vowed to no longer play the tug and pull game - which is when you try to talk to someone, you put 100% effort into talking and listening but they give you nothing - and all you accomplish is the feeling that you now need a nap. And therefore have decided that "that person is a conversational cul-de-sac."

2 comments:

    On 9:31 AM kimmie said...

    ...desperately hoping I'm more of a "parkway" or "avenue"....

     
    On 11:53 AM Anonymous said...

    love monkey = awesome show. and i like that quote too (hence the googling for it)