Is this musical chairs?

Living situations in the decade of the 20's tend to look like musical chairs for most I think. In my 10 years since moving away from Midland I have lived in 2 cities (not counting the summer in Istanbul), have had 9 residences and have had 9 roommates - about to make that 10!

Roommate #9 just cleaned out her room (farewell Lindsay, I know my kitchen will never be spotless again) and roommate #10 should be arriving soon (Noell).... with roommate #.5 - a boxer "Ally". Which by the way - yeah I get to be Auntie to a doggie - very excited about this aspect.

I'd like to tell you that as I leave the 20's I will be settling into one spot and soon end the musical roommate chair game - but alas (and yes I just got to use the word alas) I can not promise that... roommate #8 (Kim) will be getting married soon and the whole process of musical chairs will start up again... oh well it keeps life interesting!
-------------
On another note - the news just said a cold front is moving in- what's this? A cold front in January? Does this mean 60 degrees instead of 90???? Wait what is that I hear - strong winds for sure - here it comes!!! So let's look this up shall we - Tomorrow: Mainly sunny. Not as warm. High 62F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph. ----> "Not as warm" is that the offical weather report!?

7 comments:

    On 8:04 AM kimmie said...

    Sorry I have to leave you soon, roomie! But seriously, I think we've done pretty good over the last few years. I think you're the person I've lived with the longest since graduating high school. Crazy....

     
    On 9:03 AM Curt Hampton said...

    Hate to make you jealous (and I'm sure your reaction will be jealousy and not utter horror) but the high here tomorrow will be 34 and the low, 10. But wait, maybe we have a cold front blowing in too, Thursday seems to be shaping up to be 32 with a low of 3. It appears that for the next week the lows will camp out between -1 and 3. Please enjoy the 60's for me. I'm excrutiatingly jealous.

     
    On 9:37 AM Anonymous said...

    I'm excited about being roomie #10...y'all are roomies #9 and #10 for me in Austin - and that's been in the last 3 years (helps when you live with 4 people at a time). I'm glad you're excited about Allie - she's quite excited about living with you!

     
    On 9:38 AM Kate said...

    girl ive got you beat and probably most people in the world. in 6 years ive lived in 2 cities, 10 residences, and had 19 roommates. yeah, im not even lying....19...i think ive lived with every type of person there is in the world!

     
    On 11:49 AM malita said...

    Woah Kate wins - and Curtis I don't want it that cold - but c'mon its been 80 degrees in January for crying out loud!!!

     
    On 3:58 PM kimmie said...

    I think since 1998, I've had 12 roommates. Kate - you're crazy!! 19?!?!?!

     
    On 12:27 AM Nicole said...

    Malita, you crack me up! Hey if you want some serious weather humor, check out So Cal forcasts sometime. The weather man will take up at least 4 minutes looking at the Doppler radar (which covers the ENTIRE Pacific ocean) and watching "this bunch of clouds right here that could cause us to get a little rain". People, please! You do not need a Doppler. There isn't a cloud in the sky - ever. I guess that cloud over the Pacific could get us after all...two weeks from tomorrow. =) love ya!