Six Days Till the Big Bday

Six more days till the big Black Horse Grim Reaper birthday - he's rounding the corner, nostrils flared, takes no prisoners - I can see his beady eyes.

I kid - kinda... But it is a bit freaky to think I'm turning 30. The passage of time couldn't be more evident to me as it is right now, I truly feel like I just graduated college a couple of years ago, heck highschool for that matter. I don't feel like I should be entering this stage of adulthood yet... C.S. Lewis said that we are truly eternal beings b/c we feel robbed by the passage of time, it's almost unnatural - injustice (paraphrased).

However!!! It is true, you do get better as you get older - well at least I feel like I have. I would NOT go back to my early or mid 20's for anything!!! Ugh - not having a clue what I want to do, people not taking you seriously - no thanks... Oh and not to forget the many pounds I have shedded over the years!

NO 30 isn't old, NO I don't feel old, NO I don't want to go back - it's just a bit surreal and as I reflect it is just very odd to think of myself in such adult terms....

Remember when you thought by the time you were 30 you would be SO old - I mean grandkids would just be around the corner - well maybe not that old but you get it... The only thing on my checklist that is not complete by the time I'm 30 is hubby, kids and house - I am TOTALLY fine not having a house or kids right now!!!!! In fact I'm grateful - and the hubby could come in the next few days - I mean I am going to San Diego next week.... KIDDING!!!

3 comments:

    On 7:55 AM Anonymous said...

    Girl, I COMPLETELY understand!!! I definitely do not feel my age. I don't know what I thought it would feel like, but it's not this! I don't want to be as 'mature' as I imagine 30-somethings. I don't want to fit in the mold created in my head! Honestly, when someone asks me my age my first response is '27' but I passed that up a while ago. But that's ok, I'm holding on to 29 until I feel mature enough to move into the next decade! ;-)

     
    On 5:02 AM Curt Hampton said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
    On 5:03 AM Curt Hampton said...

    Crap, I just left San Diego 2 hours ago!!!! I just had to delete that last post because of a typo I didn't catch. But anyway...

    Happy Happy Birthday sista, I hope you have an all out blast. I'll join you there at thrity in just 7 short months. I do feel the both of ya on not feeling as old 30 seems to sound. Let's just make new rules and burn a new path for thirty-somethings, how bout that?