Me crying, no it's just something in my eye.

I have to share this story with you - my good friend Casey posted it on her blog - it's her story but it made me cry - it's too sweet. I had also just finished a very teary section in the book I'm reading- that's my cover at least.

Casey's Story:

My students were analyzing their reading benchmarks today and looking for the correct answers on the questions that they missed. One student sat with me for 45 minutes and tried her best to make the corrections. Whenever I saw the frustration growing inside of her, I told her that we had done enough for today. I could see the tears starting to form in her sweet little eyes. I gave her a little pep talk of encouragement and with tears rolling down her face, she said, "Your job is to teach me. My job is to do my best. I'll keep trying." OH. MY. GOODNESS. Just let it be known that her teacher cried with her. All I could muster up to say was, "I know you can do it. We're going to get there. I promise."

0 comments: